General software and network configuration settings should include the following when using AIM:
- A stable, high-speed Internet connection is required.
- Before starting an online test, close all other software programs on the computer.
- Sufficient network bandwidth for each test should be determined in advance for all sessions.
- Disable all pop-up blockers that might prevent content from being properly displayed. The steps for this will vary among browsers.
- Content filters, firewalls, and proxy servers should be configured to allow traffic using the protocols and servers listed on our support help site.
- Confirm that operating systems on the devices are updated with the latest patches and that they are virus and spyware free.
- Ensure that the software (anti-virus, operating system, etc.) updates are scheduled to run before or after testing.