Initial Rostering Through Excel/CSV Upload
Use this method to easily upload your schools, classes, teachers, and students at once using an Excel/CSV file. (FILE ATTACHED)
1. From the Import Roster tab, download the roster template.
2. Fill out the template with your school, teacher, and student information. Be sure to note which
columns are required; you can view the definitions guide on the next page. Depending on your
organization, your template may have additional columns that allow you to enter information on a
district or region level.
3. When you finish entering your information in the template, save it to your computer as a CSV
UTF-8 file, then select it for the roster upload.
4. The system will then validate your roster; this means it will check for errors in the file such as
missing fields or duplicate entries.
5. If there are any issues with your file, the system will let you know what needs to be fixed so you
can edit and reupload.
6. After it is validated, you will see a summary of how many records will be uploaded. Carefully
review the information in the summary to ensure the correct number of students, teachers, etc.
7. Save your roster file.
TIP: To save a file as a CSV UTF-8 file, first open the excel file and select the File button in
the toolbar. Then select Save As and in the window that pops up, click File Format, and select
CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited). Click Save and you are all set!